There is so much happening in the New Zealand zero waste community. Check out the links below and connect with bloggers, resources, and zero wasters near you. The list starts in the North, finishes in the South, with a few NZ wide organisations at the bottom. There's a lot from Auckland because we know that community well, please contact us if you’d like to add to this list, especially from other regions.
- Getting to Zero A monthly e-newsletter with all the goss in the Auckland community waste scene. Subscribe here.
- Facebook: Zero Waste in NZ! Closed group. NZ's fastest growing zero waste group.
- Pacific Vision Aotearoa An Auckland based collective of zero waste change agents. Facebook.
- Amanda in Waste Free Land Auckland. Blog.
- A Zero Waste Warrior Kristy Lorson, Auckland. Website and blog. Kirsty also started the Zero Waste NZ! Facebook group already mentioned above.
- Tania Webb Tania and her family thought they would never own a house, especially in the Auckland housing market, then they discovered the amazing amount of money they could save by living waste-wise. Check out this article to see how they saved $13,000 to meet a 5 month deadline.
- Slash Your Trash Sophie Holmes, Auckland. Facebook page. Sophie is on a mission to get 50 people to reduce their rubbish by half.
- Lisa Hansby runs rubbish freeworkshops in Auckland. Her email is email@example.com
- A year without buying plastic Merren Tait, Raglan NZ. Website, blog and helpful shopping guide.
- Robin and Heather List, Masterton These guys have been zero waste before I was even born. True pioneers. New Zealand Herald article.
- Hannah and Liam based in Wellington. True blue zero wasters! These guys produced a supermarket bag of rubbish in two and a half years (and counting). They are doing / did a New Zealand road trip in 2017 to promote zero waste. Listen to them on Radio NZ here. Check out their project The Rubbish Trip and their website. Book them in for a speaking engagement, they are on the road so chances are they are swinging your way.
- Plastic Free Paula, Wanaka. Facebook page. Paula is a motivational speaker. Contact her through FB.
- Waste Free Parenting with Kate Meads Also known as the Cloth Nappy Lady. Really helpful website and fantastic presentations.
- Para Kore Resourcing marae to be zero waste. http://parakore.maori.nz
- Plastic Diet. A youth led organisation dedicated to reducing single use plastic waste and consumption. There are groups at both Auckland and Victoria Universties. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit their website or Facebook.
- Zero Waste Network Community recycling and repurposing centres across New Zealand that go the extra mile to find the right home for your 'unwanted-resources'. Find your closest community recycling centre here: http://communityrecyclers.org.nz/